My trial shrubs for 2009 arrived yesterday, July 2 and the packaging was very secure. As usual, an ingenious idea of wrapping moist newspaper over the soil to keep the plants from drying out.
The only plants that suffered any were the hydrangeas and it's likely because they were too tall for the packing box and had to be folded in, although a couple had been pruned back at some point. They will be fine in no time and the rest fluffed out right away. All are very healthy and I'm excited to see one of the buddleia's covered in blooms already!
I plan to share my shrubs with a friend who is also in zone 5 but whereas I have clay soil, she has sandy and it will be interesting to see how everything grows and overwinters.
Friday, July 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment