The 8 trial plants arrived very well packaged Friday July 3. No shifting in the box and every plant except one wegeila still moist. I don't think there needs to be any improvement in the packaging. And of course the plants may look flimsy and scrunched up for a day or two, however time corrects that. I place in a shaded spot for 2 days then to part sun for another 2 days and by then I've figured out where to plant them. All are planted where I want them (except 2 temporarily in my vegetable garden nursery) ; this is important for the buddleia as they are not reliable here in zone 5b but I have placed them in the most sheltered spot and will see if they survive. I do not want to move them again. Both of last year's Blue Chip did not overwinter.
I will be interested to see the Incrediball Hydrangea bloom and see what the huge blooms do for me....not something I think I would select at a nursery; the blooms will be so large compared to everything else in the garden.
The Moonlight hydrangea from last year is blooming - looks fresh ; the one in the shade with richer soil has more blooms than the one that gets more sun but has poorer soil. No blooms yet on Blue Chiffon hibiscus, the plants remain small. One lilac bloomed very well and now with all the rain this season has doubled in size. Anxious to see if it will rebloom. The other one looked weak this spring and mysteriously is dying out.
Linda Hink, Dorval, Quebec
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment