The plants arrived on July 3rd and were retrieved from the post office the following day. I had expected them, due to the weather, to be somewhat the worse for the experience. However, they arrived in remarkably good condition -- a few spotted leaves but that was all. After carefully looking them over and removing the few infected leaves, I placed all eight plants in quarantine (my normal practice). They will be going into larger pots in the next few days for the next two weeks or so and then planted out. I see no sign of anything to worry about, but I do like to quarantine for 30 days or so just to make sure.
As of this morning, Buddleia 'Miss Ruby' is starting to flower. The colour looks really good. The plants are also showing a fair amount of new growth.
Weigela GHOST is growing a little and looks good.
All of the Hydrangea plants -- INCREDIBALL and INVINCIBELLE SPIRIT -- have flower buds starting to form and are growing.
Gardenimport is to be congratulated for their superb shipping method. It is nice to have plants arrive still in their pots and moist enough to not suffer stress but not so moist as to cause fungal problems. Well done.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment