Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hydrangea Incrediball

I have had a heck of a time with my shrubs from Gardenimport and any new perennials planted this year. (S. Bloomerang last year) The squirrel's are digging up everything and in the process ripped a branch off of my trial H. Incrediball. Cheap fencing from the dollar store was put around each shrub but a couple of nights ago some raccoons were fighting, knocked down the fence around H. Incrediball and appears were right on top of it. From a nice size it had managed to grow to, there is only one stem left with any leaves. Hopefully it will recuperate and be vigorous enough to come back.
I'm disappointed about this and was wondering if others have experienced any type of destruction to their shrubs from squirrels. Maybe because our property is a wildlife habitat we'll have to put up with some occasional bad behaviour from our visitors but I have to admit, this is a first with the squirrels digging so aggressively.

No comments: