Well they say we have the toughest climate... wait a minute every time I talk to a gardener they say they have the toughest climate. Let's just say in zone 3 Calgary with crazy chinooks (warm winter winds) , eratic snow cover and drought all summer it is a bit of a challenge.
So imagine my surprise that the Buddleia and Hibiscus pulled through. The new dwarf Bloomerang lilac is blooming its brains out right now and it smells great too. The two hydrangeas survived - they have a few leaves each. I will be really excited if the Hibiscus blooms here - it sounds so beautiful but when I dug it out to throw it away a week ago and I noticed the one little bud coming I quickly replanted it. Remember this is a plant that did not bloom at all last year.
With Boomerang Lilac heading up the gang on blooms and showiness I look forward to suggesting it to someone in a really tough climate... say a zone 2 Sundre, Alberta location!
No comments:
Post a Comment