I am pleased with how well the Exchordia Snow Day Surprise is coming along given that it just sat and pouted last year after being planted.
Of course the welfare of this little shrub may have been due to this...
It overwintered under a laundry basket (idea from Sonia Day) to save it from being pruned back to a toothpick by the rabbits.
Spirea Double Play Big Bang certainly lives up to its name. Bright red buds have leafed out to this fantastic orange colour. This one is also way ahead of any of my other spireas.
Very little winter die back on the Rosa Candy Oh Vivid Red and it is a robust plant. I enjoyed the single red flowers last year and look forward to them again.
I didn't photograph the Clethra Vanilla Spice as it is slow to get going and practically looks like a dead shrub but there is life starting to happen and I can show it at a later date. The clethra had a small fence around it to keep the rabbits at bay.
Thank you to Proven Winners, Spring Meadow Nursery, and Gardenimport for the opportunity to trial these shrubs.
Judith

No comments:
Post a Comment